Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hansel and Gretel by Brothers Grimm

Point of view of Gretel-

I was always hungry, never really full, I couldn't sleep because of hunger. All though my brother, Hansel was the nicest and caring brother anyone would ever have. He would always take care of me, for my mother didn't. I then heard our mother talk about leaving us in the forest the next day, I cried and cried. I didn't want to be part from my father but soon found confort in my brother, for he always knew what to do. I was just so demented at her, how dare she come up with such idea. I then just hugged my brother as I sleep.

The next day, early before the sun had rise, mother woked us up and had taken us to the forest, I was about to cry, for I knew what this meant, but I didn't. She gave us a piece of bread, I was so hungry but decided to save it for later for she told us to. As we walked through the forest, Hansel seemed to stay back, but I didn't know why. When we finally reached to the middle of the forest, they left us, for mother told us a lie that they would be coming back for us. But I knew they weren't coming back for us. I then sat by my brother by the fire and tried to keep warm and we then ate our piece of bread. We sat there and hugged each other, then as I looked around, I had started drozing off for I was so tired. I then woke up, it was late at night, I then remembered that they weren't coming back, we were in the forest alone, and I didn't know how we were going to come back home. I then started crying and asked, "how are we going to get out of the forest?"

Hansel had then hugged me and told me that once the moon is up then we can start finding our way home. Hansel then took my hand and we started walking. When we finally got home, I was happy and relieved. Then we both knocked happily, but then mother answered the door, and with a mad mood asked us why did we sleep for so long in the forest. I knew it was a lie, she knew it was a lie, but I guess she still thinks that we didn't know the truth. Later on, she started talking to father about how they would have to take us far away in the forest. We both didn't sleep. I then started crying quietly again, while Hansel went downstairs to get more pebbles. He then came back and conforted me. The next day, mother woke us up again, gave us a piece of bread and took us out to the forest.

It was like de-ja-vu for, everything is repeating again. We were walking through the forest, but this time mother took us farther and somewhere where we've never been before. They left us once again, and I was full of hatred for mother. It was getting late and I was getting hungry so I shared my bread with Hansel sense he used his bread as the way for home. We then again dozed off and went to sleep. We both later then on,woke up again late at night and Hansel had conforted me , I needed for I was scared and felt like crying more. Once the moon had rose, we were walking to the way for home but we couldn't find the bread crumbs that Hansel left. The birds must have eaten them, so then we started walking towards home. Though we didn't find the way home and we were starving for we only ate two to three berries. We then got deeper and deeper into the forest which frightened me and then we finally found a little house made out of what seemed bread. I was satisfied, we then went straight to the little house. We began eating, I was eating the window while Hansen was eating the roof.

Then a old women came out of the house and we both dropped from what was in our hands. She looked ugly and scary, like a witch. But then she invited us to her house, and made us delicious food and then had let us sleep in very confortble beds. The next thing I knew, I felt someone waking me up viciuosly from what I felt. I was then crying and heard that the nice lady from what I was getting to see was a witch all along, told me to cook for my brother. She even said that she would kill my brother and eat him after he'd turned fat.

I had feed my brother, and only ate crabs. The witch had said she waited too long now, he didn't turn fat, so she said she would cook him. Though she told me to make sure the fire was working, I knew what she was thinking, so instead I asked her how should I make sure the fire was working. She went inside, just like I wanted to and kicked her as hard as I could and slammed the door. Then locked it. I freed my brother and we took some pearls that were inside the bread house, we stuffed it in our pockets and left home.

When we finally saw home, we ran inside and hugged my dad, for the mother had died already. I was glad, wanted to smile but didn't. I was so happy, it would be the best day ever of my whole life. My brother and I then dropped all of the pearls on the floor, my father was surprised but happy. He looked like he just won a million dollers, but it wasn't a million dollers, it was my brother and I back home. We lived happily ever after. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment