Monday, March 23, 2009

The Secret

It was my best friend’s deepest, darkest secret and it would be a hard one to keep. It was on a cold, wintery, and cloudy day that she had told me. We were walking through the forest deeper and deeper. I wondered why but I kept on walking, kicking the snow as I went through. I then finally asked her, “Nessie?, where are we going?” I looked at her with curiosity more than questioning her. She didn’t say anything, she just smiled at me. Then I looked around, there a whole bunch of trees topped with snow. It looked wonderful and pretty, I loved it.

We then began to stop and I then noticed where we were.We were at this park, but it was fulled of snow, but didn’t really care and cleaned out the snow from the swings. Nessie went on the other swing next to me. Next thing I knew we were both just swinging, quietly. Then she said,”I don’t know, I feel confused and just feel weird.”, I then asked, “Why?, Whats wrong?”. She looked around a bit and seemed from what I saw from my two own eyes, she blushed. She looked down as she did she told me, “Well I really like this cute boy, though I don’t think he likes me.” I then gasped and looked at her, studied her face for a second and looked around. “Well who is he?” , she then looked at me and said,”His name is Devin, and he doesn’t go to our school, he is my mom’s friend’s son.” I wondered for a second and asked, “ Well, what do you like about him?”, I first wondered if it was his looks but changed my mind when she was just thinking.

“He is so talented , funny, charming, and smart. He is also beautiful from the outside.” She then sighed and looked at me hopelessly and said, “I wondered if he likes me…” I didn’t know what to say, this was the first time she ever liked-liked somebody. There was silence for a moment. Then I though of a great idea, “You should maybe meet up with him again, and maybe if I can come with you then maybe I can help you.” I then smiled at her as she looked up at me. She nodded at me then and smiled back at me. We both then kept on swinging.
***********************************
About a week later, Nessie ran up to me afterschool and then told me that today she was going to go to his house again. I then smiled big at her and walked with her to her house. When we got there, Nessie’s mother made us hot chocolate with warm, and baked cookies. I was satisfied then about an hour later we left to Devin’s house. When we got there, I was then so curious. His house was so big, it was a three story house and had a lawn as wide as his house. When we got in, Devin had handshaked us and told us that his mother would come in a second. He disappeared quickly and seemed shy. In about 30 seconds he came with his mother. But I must agree, he was pretty hot, no doubt about that.

Nessie’s mother and his mother hugged and greeted Nessie and I, she said to make ourselves at home. They then started chatting as they walked to the kitchen.

1 comment: