Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flowers for Algernon

If you were given a choice to have an operation that would make you much smarter, would you do it, especially if you knew the affects of the surgery would only be temporary? Why or why not? Use examples from the story?

If I were given a choice to have an operation that would make me much smarter, I would do it even though I would know the affects of the surgery that would only be temporary for a couple of reasons. First off, is that I wouldn't be made fun of because I am slow, like Charlie. He knew the affects of the surgery would be temporary as he started getting more smarter and became a genius. Second reason, I would have a chance to be smart and not be made fun of because I would be slow and dumb. Third reason, I would be smart and do something with my limited life time. Therefore I see a great oppurtunity and would want to take it. Like Charlie in the story he wanted to be smart and tried and struggled through so that he can be smart and not be made fun off. He also wanted to do something with his knowledge and smartness so he started helping out in the experiment witht he Doctors and scientists.

4 comments:

  1. Good reasons i like it and wo cnt beielve you would do the operation even knowing what the effects of the operations would be!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job! i like the reasons, too. :]

    ReplyDelete